GMOs are spooky, and their prevalence in Halloween candy is more of a trick than a treat. Help take care of little princesses and goblins this year by offering organic and Non-GMO Project Verified goodies instead.
- 10 GMO Ingredients in Halloween Candy
- Sugar (GMO sugar beets)
- High fructose corn syrup (GMO corn)
- Corn starch (GMO corn)
- Soy lecithin (GMO soy)
- Soybean oil lecithin (GMO soy)
- Modified food starch (GMO corn)
- Cottonseed oil (GMO corn)
- Canola oil (GMO cotton)
- “Other” ingredients: isolates, isoflavones, food starch, vegetable oil
Not sure what to do with that stash of conventional candy that your little trick-or-treaters bring home? Consider trading candy for “pumpkin points” good toward a special gift or activity, or invite the Sugar Sprite to come. The Sugar Sprite (or “Switch Witch”) exchanges candy for a special gift.
Wishing you a safe and happy Halloween!