Make the most of summer with these simple meal tips. The key is to keep it cool, easy and fresh!
We’ve gathered these tips to bring a variety of globally inspired flavors into your home and keep the heat – and the GMOs – out!
- Add protein (quinoa, meats, tofu, beans, nuts, etc.) to make any salad a meal. Grill ahead of time or batch cook for the week for easy meal planning – be sure to look for the Non-GMO Project Verified logo!
- Dressed to thrill! This is one of our favorite homemade dressings: mix up oil, vinegar, and soy sauce. Add grated ginger or sesame seeds, grated onions, and grated carrots. Shake vigorously and keep refrigerated.
- The following high risk crops can sneak onto your salad in many ingredients: alfalfa, canola, corn, soy, sugar beets, zucchini, and yellow summer squash. Be sure to read your labels and look for the butterfly seal on these products.
- Turn your salad into roll-ups with your favorite wraps for a tasty, portable lunch.
Creative Summer Grilling
- Use soy sauce as a secret ingredient for delectable grilling recipes.
- Simple tip – Add 1 Tbsp. San-J Gluten Free Tamari to 1 lb. lean ground beef; mix. Form into meat patties. Grill or broil to desired doneness.
- Top your Tamari burger with some homemade Tamari Sandwich Spread.
- Try this 2-in-1 recipe, Asian Spiced Salmon with Wasabi Mayonnaise.
- Marinade the chicken in BBQ, and use Tamari to make your own Wasabi Mayonnaise, Asian BBQ Chicken Sandwich.