We don’t need GMOs…and here are 10 reasons why:
1. GMO crops do not increase yield potential.
2. GMO crops increase the use of pesticides.
3. GMO crops have created “superweeds”.
4. GMO crops have toxic or allergenic effects on laboratory animals.
5. GMO and non-GM crops cannot “coexist”.
6. Genetic engineering is not needed for good nutrition.
7. There are better ways to feed the world.
8. Conventional breeding is better than genetic engineering at producing crops with useful traits.
9. Genetic engineering is an imprecise technology that will continue to deliver unpleasant surprises.
10. GMO crops are not about feeding the world but about patented ownership of the food supply.