Arugula is light in calories yet full of flavor and nutrients. Nobody wants to feel weighed down, especially as the weather starts to brighten. This salad makes a great balanced lunch-time entree that you will surely want to make again and again!
Please note that all ingredients are Non-GMO Project Verified and/or organic. Look for Verified products by brand or category on our shopping list.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 12 medium Brussels sprouts
- 4 cups Arugula
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2Tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fresh orange zest
Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket in a medium pot with 1 to 2 inches of water over medium heat. Steam for 10 to 12 minutes or until sprouts become tender. Remove from heat; rinse under cold water and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine arugula, onion, red bell pepper and almonds; set aside. Using a sharp knife, slice cooled Brussels sprouts in half, lengthwise and add to arugula mixture. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients and pout over arugula mixture; gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.