Avocado is full of heart healthy fatty acids as well as potassium and fiber. The green fruit goes terrifically with chickpeas for a protein filled snack or light meal.
Please note that all ingredients are Non-GMO Project Verified and/or organic. Look for Verified products by brand or category on our shopping list.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup well-cooked chickpeas (RAW option: Use sprouted chickpeas)
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- 1 large OR 2 small avocados
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Roughly mash the chickpeas in a bowl using a strong fork. Stir in garlic, grated carrot, green onion, olive oil, lime juice, tamari, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
Slice the avocado(s) in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh from each half with a spoon. Dice the avocado flesh into small cubes. Mash half of the avocado into the chickpea mixture then gently fold in the rest along with the fresh coriander. Spoon the mixture into the empty avocado skins and serve.