Chocolate peppermint brownies, perfect for a St. Paddy’s Day indulgence!
Please note that all ingredients are Non-GMO Project Verified and/or organic. Look for Verified products by brand or category on our shopping list.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours (1 hour cooling)
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup Silk Soy or almondmilk, any flavor
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs or the equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2-3 Tablespoon Silk soy or almond milk, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-3 drops Verified green food coloring, if desired
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, Silk, cocoa and sugar until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add cornstarch, flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine. Spread into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes. Cool completely.
While brownies are cooling, prepare mint layer. Beat powdered sugar and margarine until creamy. Add enough Silk to make frosting spreadable. Stir in peppermint extract and natural food coloring, if desired.
Frost cooled brownies and chill until set. (About 15 minutes.)
Meanwhile, melt chocolate and butter. Pour chocolate mixture over chilled, frosted brownies. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
Cut into squares with a hot, sharp knife to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.