Ripe papaya is sweet and juicy, perfect for salsa to celebrate Cinco De Mayo. If you have trouble finding ripe non-GMO papaya in your area try the recipe with mango or peaches.
Please note that all ingredients are Non-GMO Project Verified and/or organic. Look for Verified products by brand or category on our shopping list.
Prep Time: 10
Total Time: 20
- 3 cups diced fresh papaya
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 to 4 green onions, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 to 2 limes, juiced
- dash extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbamare or sea salt
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving to let the flavors mingle. Serve with these homemade tortilla chips or over mixed greens, beans and rice, or grilled fish. Remember to score your unripe papayas gently with a knife (shallow, lengthwise slits) to help let out some of the sap.
The salsa will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.