Please note that all ingredients are Non-GMO Project Verified and/or organic. Look for Verified products by brand or category on our shopping list.
Total Time: 30
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into about 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound Italian pork sausage
- 5 – 6 leaves of kale, sliced into 1-inch wide strips
- 6 – 8 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine the butter and the oil. Once the butter has melted and is beginning to bubble, add the sweet potatoes, onions and garlic to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the vegetables, stirring constantly until the sweet potatoes can be pierced with a fork (but aren’t mushy).
- Push the vegetables to the edges of the pan and place the sausage in the center. If necessary, add a tad more olive oil to the pan before adding the sausage. Allow it to cook for a minute or two without stirring to allow it to brown, then mix it in with the vegetables while it continues to cook.
- Once the sausage is cooked through, add the kale, and cook until wilted. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in the sage and walnuts before serving.