Please note that all ingredients are Non-GMO Project Verified and/or organic. Look for Verified products by brand or category on our shopping list.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (1 ½ stick) very cold unsalted butter
- 14 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. In a large bowl, combine the cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add the butter and use your fingers to work it into the flour mixture until it resembles small, pea shapes.
- Add the pumpkin puree, walnuts and ½ cup of the cream to the mixture, then use a spatula to combine.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and shape it into a circle, about 1 ½ inches thick. Cut the circle into 8 equal sized wedges.
- Place the wedges on a parchment lined baking sheet, then brush each with the remaining cream.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine the maple syrup and powdered sugar in a small bowl, stirring with a fork until it reaches a paste-like consistency. Add water 1 teaspoon at a time if you need to thin out the glaze.
- Pour glaze over completely cooled scones and allow it to harden before serving.