High in protein, delicious cuban flavor. This soup gives you the energy boost you need.
Please note that all ingredients are Non-GMO Project Verified and/or organic. Look for Verified products by brand or category on our shopping list.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet garnet yam, cubed
- 1¾ cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 container (14 ounces) Better Bean Cuban Black Beans (or cooked black beans)
- 1 tsp coriander (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano (optional)
- 4 large Swiss chard leaves and stems, chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until brown, stirring frequently, roughly 5 minutes. Add the optional spices and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the yam and sauté until soft. Add the water or broth and Better Bean Cuban Black Beans, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the chard, stir to combine, cover and simmer until the chard is tender, about 10 minutes more. Add maple syrup, salt, and pepper to taste.