This Cinco De Mayo treat yourself to some homemade gluten-free corn-free tortilla chips. Forget deep fried and leave out the GMOs with this delicious recip made with brown rice tortillas. Complement with homemade papaya salsa (Verified non-GMO or organic papaya of course!)
Please note that all ingredients are Non-GMO Project Verified and/or organic. Look for Verified products by brand or category on our shopping list.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 large gluten-free brown rice tortillas
- 1 Tablesppon unrefined, virgin coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- Zest from 1 lime (about 2 tsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-ground sea salt
You will need:
- 2 baking sheets (or bake in batches using 1 sheet)
- Unbleached parchment paper
- Chef’s knife
- Large glass bowl
Pre-heat oven to 350°F and prepare lime zest. Stack tortillas and cut into the chip shapes that you want. Try a cookie cutter for fun shapes like stars and hearts. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except tortillas.
Now add tortillas, and massage in the spices with your hands so all chips are coated. If you don’t like to get dirty, use a pastry brush to coat both sides of your chips. Add more seasoning and oil if you want—pastry brushes tend to suck up a lot of seasoning so you may need to double the ingredient amounts of you go this route.
Lay out chips on a parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes–no longer because they can burn quickly. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!