Roasted chicory root is a great caffeine-free alternative to coffee. The roasted root carries a deep, dark, rich flavor but is still very unique from the flavor of the coffee bean. Maca has a nutty flavor that compliments the roasted chicory root. Both ingredients have an array of beneficial qualities.
Please note that all ingredients are Non-GMO Project Verified and/or organic. Look for Verified products by brand or category on our shopping list.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2-3 tablespoon roasted chicory root (granules)
- 2 teaspoons ground maca root (powder)
- 2 cups water
- Splash of almond milk (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 Medjool date, pitted (or 2-3 Deglet Noor)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cardamom (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons raw honey (optional)
Start by tying up a bundle of chicory root and maca using a cheesecloth or tea strainer. Bring water to a boil and let tea steep for 7 to 10 minutes. Mix the latte foam ingredients using a blender on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and frothy.
Pour tea into your favorite mug and add honey if you like. Then using a spoon to scoop, add the foamy latte topping to your drink. Also add a splash of almond milk if you prefer a creamier beverage.