A super moist and flavorful snack cake that’s nutritious too.
Please note that all ingredients are Non-GMO Project Verified and/or organic. Look for Verified products by brand or category on our shopping list.
- 1½ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup turbinado, or other unrefined sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup hemp milk or buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate for dairy-free and vegan)
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cup Qi’a Apple Cinnamon Cereal
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray an 8 x 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar and oil together. Whisk in the hemp milk and vanilla until it emulsifies. Add liquid ingredients to dry ones with a rubber spatula, stirring enough to blend. Fold in the zucchini, chocolate chips, coconut, and Qi’a cereal, mixing only until combined.
Transfer batter into the baking pan, smoothing to edges. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire rack until room temperature.